Candy Crum is a multi-genre author whose work ranges from YA to more adult titles. She is the author of the Eternal Series and all the books in the ESU (Eternal Series Universe) – including The Eternal Series, Time of Death Series, and the Memoirs of an Egyptian Goddess Series.
Candy lives with her two children and very chubby black cat, Korra. If you’d like to check Candy out further, please go to her website – www.candycrumbooks.com. There you’ll find links, news, and even more fun stuff.
We asked the author:
1. Favorite word? craptacular
2. Least favorite word? bae
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music. I listen to it for inspiration all day. Especially Disturbed. Also looking through Deviant Art. I LOVE looking at the incredible art there. And epic movies (like the Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movies). I get so much from music, art, and movies. So much inspiration and happiness. It definitely helps me relax.
4. What turns you off? Rudeness. Drama. It can take the best mood and really kill it quick and fast!
5. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck! I use it religiously… Haha.
6. What sound or noise do you love? RAIN!!!! OH, the rain. I love it SO much that I will plan a day around it. It’s obsessive. I have apps on my phone for storm sounds, too. I aways kind of liked it. It was ok. But when my grandfather died, it rained harder at his funeral than I’d ever remembered experiencing. And my aunt, who is a Wiccan, told me that it was a sign of new beginnings. Hope. Rain is life, and she couldn’t imagine a better time for a downpour. So we stood outside in the storm while everyone else ran inside her house. From that day on, I looked at it like a new beginning. Washing away the bad and bringing in the new. I use the rain as a way to relax and refresh myself. It never fails to help me focus my mind and write.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? I am REALLY good at drowning things out, but the sounds of my boys arguing drives me nuts. Lol! I can listen to their laughter and chatting and loud toys ALL day. I LOVE the sound of their happiness. And if it’s TOO loud, I can drown out the loudness, but once the arguing starts – it cuts straight through me. I’m sure most parents would agree with that, though. Lol.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Nursing! I actually went to nursing school and almost finished. Unfortunately, my ADD gave me some issues during testing. But that is one thing I’d love to do. Get my Master’s and then teach clinicals at a University once I was ready to give up nursing.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Sales! Customer Service! I have done it for most of my life, and I hope to never have to do it again.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I hope if and when I get there, I really hope he tells me that I made him laugh a few times. Because ultimately, that is my goal in life. Make others smile.